3 Year Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre & Acting
£3,600.00 per term (Inc VAT)
The course fee includes your training, usually split into 40 hours per week/10 weeks per term. There are 3 terms in an academic year commencing in September, January and April.
Fees can be paid yearly, termly, or a monthly payment plan can be arranged for you.
Our priority at Sharpe Academy is student training and not making money. We are aware we would make more money by affiliating ourselves to a University or College and as such be able to access govenment funding, but this would mean spending less time on specific arts training tailored to each performer and more time on academic study working towards a Degree. Whilst a Degree can be a great achievement, it is not a requirement for professional performers and will not help a performance career.
We aim to offer world class training without students worrying they can't afford to attend, but we equally have to balance this to make sure we generate enough funds to pay for our own venue and staffing costs. We have therefore created our own in-house bursary programme. All students are eligible to apply for the Bursary and we have a maximum of 16 Bursaries to offer per academic year.
3 Year Diploma with Bursary
(Monthly Payment Plan - 36 Months) - £300.00 per month
1 Year Post Graduate Diploma with Bursary
(Monthly Payment Plan - 12 Months) - £600.00 per month
- Students must be UK Citizens
- Students must be aged 16-22 at the start of their course
- Students must live in a household with a total income of less than £90,000.00 per annum (Proof of income will be required)
- Students must pay a non refundable deposit payment of £600.00 towards their fees to accept a bursary (This can be paid in two Instalments of £300.00)
- Additional Costs
- Additional Funding
Sharpe Academy has a Scholarship Programme. For our September 2020 intake we have the following available:
Principal’s Full Scholarship for Boys
Each year the Principal will award ONE full tuition scholarship to a boy. Please note, the scholarship covers course fees only. The scholarship holder will be expected to pay any additional costs.
Principal’s Full Scholarship for Girls
Each year the Principal will award ONE full tuition scholarship to a girl. Please note, the scholarship covers course fees only. The scholarship holder will be expected to pay any additional costs.
Carrie Hope Fletcher Full Scholarship
Our Patron, Carrie, will award ONE full tuition scholarship. Please note, the scholarship covers course fees only. The scholarship holder will be expected to pay any additional costs.
Costs in addition to the course fees will include:
• Dance Shoes
• Out-of-Course Additional Classes
• Theatre/Film Tickets
• Registration Fee £125 to be paid should you wish to accept the place. This registration fee is refundable within the 14-day cooling off period, after which it becomes non-refundable.
• Course Deposit £600 non-refundable deposit to be paid should you wish to accept the place. This deposit will be deducted from your final term in the final year of training. Deposit payments are non refundable and will not be returned to you other than as an account credit for your ninth academic term (or third academic term if you are on a post graduate course).
• FREE Audition We do not currently charge anything for you to attend our audition day. We hope you have a great time taking part in all the planned classes. Places are limited so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
At the present time this course isn’t eligible for any additional funding apart from the Sharpe Academy Bursary and Scholarship programme. You may however be able to apply for some of the following:
• Arts Grants from your local Council or Area.
• Personal Loans (These are available from your bank or building society).
• Sponsorship Students can write to businesses and individuals for sponsorship. This can help not only with fees, but with additional costs such as uniform.
Sharpe Academy will assist students where possible to find suitable accommodation for the course if they do not live locally. Once places have been offered we will try to arrange either a host family or rented accommodation for any students who require it. Please consider the additional cost of living expenses when making your application. No accommodation bursaries are available. Sharpe Academy is unable to sponsor visa applications from other countries. All students must be eligible to study in the UK in order to be accepted onto the course.