3 Year Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre
£3,600.00 per term (Inc VAT)
The course fee includes your training, usually split into 35 hours per week/10 weeks per term. There are 3 terms in an academic year commencing in September, January and April.
Fees can be paid yearly, termly, or a monthly payment plan can be arranged for you.
- Scholarships & Bursaries
- Additional Costs
- Additional Funding
Sharpe Academy has a Bursary and Scholarship Programme. Our aim is to offer these to around 50% of students on the course. For our September 2019 intake we have the following available:
Principal’s Full Scholarship
Each year the Principal will award ONE full tuition scholarship. Please note, the scholarship covers course fees only. The scholarship holder will be expected to pay any additional costs.
Carrie Hope Fletcher Full Scholarship
Our Patron, Carrie, will award ONE full tuition scholarship. Please note, the scholarship covers course fees only. The scholarship holder will be expected to pay any additional costs.
Sharpe Academy Bursary
Up to £6,000.00 per annum discount on fees. This is means tested, financial records of the student and both parents will be required, should you be offered a place on the course but do not have the funds to pay.
Sharpe Academy Scholarships
Up to £6,000.00 per annum discount on fees. Scholarships will be awarded based on exceptional ability in:
Can I request a Bursary & Scholarship Combination?
Yes. If you are offered a place on the Sharpe Academy Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre course, you can request to be considered for either a Bursary, Scholarship or a combination of the two. There is a maximum £6,000 per annum discount on fees. The fees could work out as little as £300.00 per month for the duration of the three years (based on a monthly payment plan for 36 months).
Costs in addition to the course fees will include:
• Dance Shoes
• Out-of-Course Additional Classes
• Theatre/Film Tickets
• Registration Fee £125 to be paid should you wish to accept the place. This registration fee is refundable within the 14-day cooling off period, after which it becomes non-refundable.
• Course Deposit £500 non-refundable deposit to be paid should you wish to accept the place. This deposit will be deducted from your final term in the third year of training. Deposit payments are non refundable and will not be returned to you other than as an account credit for your ninth academic term.
• FREE Audition We do not currently charge anything for you to attend our audition day. We hope you have a great time taking part in all the planned classes. Places are limited so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
At the present time this course isn’t eligible for any additional funding apart from the Sharpe Academy Bursary and Scholarship programme. You may however be able to apply for some of the following:
• Arts Grants from your local Council or Area.
• Personal Loans (These are available from your bank or building society).
• Sponsorship Students can write to businesses and individuals for sponsorship. This can help not only with fees, but with additional costs such as uniform.
Sharpe Academy will assist students where possible to find suitable accommodation for the course if they do not live locally. Once places have been offered we will try to arrange either a host family or rented accommodation for any students who require it. Please consider the additional cost of living expenses when making your application. No accommodation bursaries are available. Sharpe Academy is unable to sponsor visa applications from other countries. All students must be eligible to study in the UK in order to be accepted onto the course.