3 Year Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre
£3,600.00 per term (Inc VAT)
The course fee includes your training, usually split into 30 hours per week/10 weeks per term. There are 3 terms in an academic year commencing in September, January and April.
Fees can be paid yearly, termly or a monthly payment plan can be arranged for you. Fees are due before the first day of term unless you have arranged a monthly payment option. Monthly payments start in the August before the start of the Academic year.
- Scholarships & Bursaries
- Additional Costs
- Additional Funding
Sharpe Academy has a scholarship and a bursary programme. Our aim is to offer these to around 50% of students on each course. For our September 2019 Intake we have the following available:
- Principal’s Full Scholarship
Each year the Principal will award ONE full tuition scholarship. Please note, the scholarship covers course fees only. The scholarship holder will be expected to pay any additional costs.
- Carrie Hope Fletcher Full Scholarship
Our Patron, Carrie, will award ONE full tuition scholarship. Please note, the scholarship covers course fees only. The scholarship holder will be expected to pay any additional costs.
- Sharpe Academy Bursary
Up to £6,000.00 per annum discount on fees. This is means tested and financial records of the student and both parents will be required, should you be offered a place on the course but do not have the funds to pay.
- Sharpe Academy Scholarships –
Up to £6,000.00 per annum discount on fees. Scholarships will be awarded based on ability in:
Can you request a Bursary & Scholarship Combination?
Yes. If you are offered a place on the Sharpe Academy Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre, you can request to be considered for either a Bursary, Scholarship or a combination of the two. There is a maximum £6,000 per annum discount on fees. This could work out as little as £300.00 per month for the duration of the three years (based on a monthly payment plan for 36 months).
- FREE Audition. We do not charge anything for you to attend our audition day. We hope you have a great time taking part in all the planned classes. Places are limited so please apply early to avoid dissapointment.
- £125.00 Registration Fee to be paid should you wish to accept the place.
- £500.00 Non-Refundable Deposit to be paid should you wish to accept the place. This deposit will be deducted from your final term in the third year of training. Deposit payments are non refundable and will not be returned to you other than as an account credit for your ninth academic term.
- Accommodation - Sharpe Academy does not have a Halls of Residence. We will however assist students find suitable accommodation or host families should they require it. Please note the cost of this will depend on the type of accommodation. London prices can be expensive and this should be carefully considered before accepting a place on the course.
- Acting/Vocal Materials (Books, Plays, Sheet Music & Backing Tracks)
- Agency/Spotlight Casting Directory – Annual cost for young performers under the age of 25 is currently around £100.00 per year. This payment goes directly to Spotlight. Agent Sharpe takes a flat rate commission of 20%+vat on any Television/Film or Modelling work and 15%+vat for any stage work obtained whilst we represent you and you are still on the Diploma Course. Our standard agency commision when you have graduated is a set 15%+vat.
- Dance Shoes
- Out of Course Additional Classes
- Theatre/Film Tickets
At the present time this course isn’t eligible for any additional funding apart from the Sharpe Academy Bursary and Scholarship programme. You may however be able to apply for some of the following:
- Arts Grants from your local Council or Area
- Personal Loans. These are available from your bank or building society.
- Sponsorship - Students can write to businesses and individuals for sponsorship. This can help not only with fees, but with additional costs such as uniform.