LAMDA stands for The London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art and examinations are recognised around the world. In the UK, UCAS points are awarded for Grade 6 and above which can assist with entry into university. There are FIVE ways to study LAMDA at Sharpe Academy.
1) Our ACT 1 Musical Theatre Classes study the Introductory Syllabus
2) Our ACT 2 Musical Theatre Classes study the Entry Level Verse & Prose Examination
3) Private Lessons are available for the Acting Syllabus & Musical Theatre Syllabus
4) We have two LAMDA Group Classes on Thursday Evenings in Northwood for students who wish to study Acting Grades. Please see below:
5) We have an Online Acting course open to all our students to study acting at home. Please see below:
GROUP ACTING CLASSES
Eastbury Farm Primary School
£75.00 per term
£75.00 per term
Our LAMDA Group classes are currently only open to Sharpe Academy Musical Theatre Students. Students will aim towards an examination in our April and Summer examination sessions. Examination fees still apply.
ONLINE ACTING COURSE
The Sharpe Academy Acting Course is a step by step programme designed for students aged 6-18 to study Acting at home without the need for regular private or group lessons which can be costly. Students study at a level appropriate for their age and skill working on their speech, posture and presentation. We recommend exams are taken after either 6 or 9 months of study. The syllabus we use is LAMDA Acting.
The course fee includes:
- Monologue selection
- Online tutorials
- Examination Knowledge Information & Worksheets
- Dedicated contact person for support and assistance
For an additional fee you can also:
- Book Private One to One Lessons
- Send in a Self Tape Recording of your Child performing their monologue for a written report
HOW TO BOOK
If your child is on our BRONZE level booster or above they are eligable for a free LAMDA Online Course in Acting. Please e-mail Daniel to register.
If your child attends one of our ACT 2, ACT 3 or Company Musical Theatre Classes, but is not registered on a Booster course then you can book the LAMDA Course for a set fee of £25.00. A link will be available on this page from 1st September.